Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Schedules, schedules...mea culpa included

How is it possible I am posting 2 days in a row? Because Baby M. is on a schedule. A really good schedule, which is predictable, simple, and generally making life with him amazingly easy so far.

His parents decided to have a scheduling pro from a local business (Moms on Call) come in when M. was 1 month old and help them get M. to sleep better, especially at night. I admit, when I found this out I was...a bit judgy, since I had not heard much about this business except for non-believers indicating they tended to the rigid side of things.

So, I am officially retracting those judgy thoughts, because this system works REALLY well for Baby M. and for his parents, and, now, for me. He's a happy happy guy, he's well rested, and he is thriving, as far as I can see.

Would I recommend Moms on Call to people? Well, I would definitely suggest they look into it further and keep an open mind. I am sure there are some babies this method wouldn't work for, and some parents who wouldn't choose to use the routines prescribed by Moms on Call. But for now, I am a fan.

No comments: